ADD-vance are offering lots of dates for their introductory 6-week course: Understanding ADHD and Autism
The course is designed for parent/carers of children aged 5 to 14 yrs with a diagnosis or suspected diagnosis of ADHD and/or Autism. Every course is bespoke to the needs of each group.
Learning outcomes include:
• Understanding ADHD, Autism and related conditions
• Building your child’s self-esteem
• Understanding anxiety and anger triggers
• Reducing meltdowns and other behaviours which challenge
• Developing positive behaviour strategies
• Working collaboratively with school
• Knowing your rights and how to advocate for your child
• Reducing your own stress levels
• Managing the needs of siblings
• Improving communication as a family
• Connecting with other families and sharing experiences
• Signposting to useful resources and local support networks.
Courses will be delivered online via Zoom with a maximum of 12 participants. They will run as a series of 12 x 1 hour sessions or 6 x 2 hour sessions over six weeks. All sessions must be attended.
The sessions can be accessed free via a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone. Joining instructions will be provided beforehand and the first session will provide an opportunity to practice using the technology.
Seven separate courses will be running on the following dates:
Mondays 2nd November to 7th December 10 am – 12 pm (Parents/carers of girls only)
Mondays 2nd November to 7th December 12.30 – 2.30 pm (Families in North Herts district only)
Mondays 2nd November to 7th December 7 – 9 pm (Dads only)
Tuesdays 3rd November to 8th December 10 am – 12 pm
Tuesdays 3rd November to 8th December 7 – 9 pm (Families in Watford district only)
Fridays 6th November to 11th December 10 am – 12 pm
Fridays 6th November to 11th December 12.30 – 2.30 pm
Saturdays 7th November to 12th December 2 – 4pm
For more information and to book your FREE place please see http://add-vance.eventbrite.com/.