League match against Ickleford

William Ransom A+B  VS Ickleford A+B

On 16th September William Ransom faced Ickleford A and B teams in the first league game of the season.

It was a wet and windy afternoon but both teams where eager to play football. William Ransom won the kick off but quickly fell under pressure just five minutes into the game. Ickleford were pressing but Andrew and Freddie held on and Rory made some amazing saves. William Ransom managed to keep a clean sheet for the opening ten minutes but Icklefords sharp passing and movement gave them the space and time to get 2 goals before half time.                                                

As the rain continued it was the B teams chance to play their first game of the season. They started really well with good movement and linkup play between Harry and Finley. Finley managed to get himself 2 goals before half time and the boys managed to keep a clean sheet due to great marking from Artyom, George, Callum and some saves from Srihan.                                                                      

The A team went into their second half and Ickleford quickly scored a third goal. The boy’s attitude was fantastic and they managed to pass the ball around for a passage of play and Oliver managed to get a goal. Sadly they didn’t manage to keep the pressure on and Ickleford managed to score 4 more. At 7-1 the boys still weren’t going to let their heads drop and kept attacking the Ickleford goal. Samuel managed to find the bottom corner late on after a good period of play. The game ended 7-2. The boys  certainly learnt a lot from this loss and the teams desire to play on really impressed me.                                                                                                                                                        

The B team boys still had 20 minutes of football left to play. Joseph came on for Artyom. Finley completed his hat-trick before Ickleford finally managed to get one past Srihan who was making some great saves. Finley managed to get a fourth goal which was well set up by Harry and the game ended 4.1. After a great performance we look to training next Wednesday to decide the teams for the next fixture. Both the A team and the B team should be proud of themselves and we wish the A team the best of luck for the Early Season Rally on Saturday at Wilshere Dacre.

Mr Sears