1. The government funding of £150 million per annum for 2 academic years starting Sept.2013-2014, 2014-2015
2. Extended for a 3rd year-2015-2016
3. To improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
4. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school Head teachers.
5. This funding is ring-fenced- it can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Use of Sports Premium Funding at William Ransom
1. To pay for staff development-training courses to develop confidence and subject knowledge in PE.
2. To pay for cover staff to release teachers for professional development and organisation of clubs and competitions.
3. To purchase resources-lesson plans to ensure progression and implementation of new sports such as basketball.
4. To purchase equipment to deliver new units of study: basketballs and posts and wall bars in the hall for gymnastics.
5. To buy in specialist sport providers-To further develop the children’s interests in a wider range of sports e.g. Dan the skipping man, basketball.
6. To pay for a specialist coach for lacrosse in curriculum time to up skill teachers to deliver lacrosse if the coaching or funding is not available another year.
7. To pay for membership of School Sports partnership-NHSSP.
8. Sports Apprentice-Dain Sears- to support staff in PE lessons and extra-curricular clubs.
9. To provide extra training for Sports Apprentice so that these skills can be used for running clubs in school.
We have targeted this money with the intention of improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision at William Ransom. Our aim is to further increase participation in physical activity and continue to encourage all pupils to develop healthy lifestyles.