So much happened at the end of term it was hard to keep up with it all and let you all know what was happening! But we did manage to fill the time capsule and get it buried.
Everyone in school came up with some great ideas for the time capsule and we looked through the them all and chose the items that would fit as well as ones which said something about William Ransom today!
These are the items which made the final selection:
– A William Ransom school jumper with the crest on.
– A KS2 striped tie
– A selection of school badges – Sports Colours, School colours, house captains
– A letter from Mrs Driver explaining why the time capsule was buried
– Letter from a pupil explaining what life is like at William Ransom today – this was done by Katie as it was her idea.
– A photograph of the whole school
– Our Ofsted report
– An edition of the School Magazine – The Orbit
– A copy of the Annual Governors report
– An edition of The Comet newspaper
– A recipe for the school’s favourite school lunch – chicken pie
– A copy of Herts Catering Lunch menu
– A USB stick on with a time lapse video of our building work and photographs of the school in action
We managed to get all of these into the time capsule by packing it carefully and once we put the lid on it we knew it could not be removed!
We had a plaque engraved showing where the time capsule was to be buried with the instructions on it that the time capsule must not be opened for 50 years!
We took a group of children out to bury the time capsule, all of whom had suggested the items we had included. Jack Wells, our Willmott Dixon Site Manager, came with us and he directed the ‘digger’ driver to dig the hole and then he helped some of the pupils to bury the time capsule with earth!
Let’s hope someone, who is at school at the moment is around in 50 years’ time when they dig it up!