We hope that you have had a lovely Easter break and enjoyed the sunshine!
As we start back for the Summer Term, we have put together a number of activities for the children to have a go at. We understand that many of you are also working from home so please do not feel under pressure to complete everything. It would be great if the children could complete some Maths and English each day and any ‘other’ work as you see fit. (Documents all saved below).
Revision Starter – Flashback 4 Powerpoint – Aim to do 1 page per day to revise known Maths facts (Should only spend 5 mins on this and you will need to put on slideshow mode to hide the answers).
Watch the video for each day, starting with Week 1 Day 1 – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-3/ Please make sure you start on the Week 1 video and not Summer 1.
Complete the White Rose Worksheet (answers are online for parents to check).
Monday / Day 1 – Unit and Non Unit Fractions
Tuesday / Day 2 – Making the whole
Wednesday / Day 3 – Tenths
Thursday / Day 4 – Count in tenths
Friday / Day 5 – Tenths as decimals / Challenge day (BBC Bitesize lesson found here – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zbqrcqt)
If your child finds these sheets too difficult, they may prefer to try the worksheets from Classroom Secrets (All sheets saved below with VF in title– Varied Fluency)
If your child would like more of a challenge, after completing the White Rose sheet they can have a go at the Classroom Secrets sheets (All sheets saved below with RPS in title – Reasoning and Problem Solving)
For further practical support, if you have any counters/cubes or small toys/playdough you can use these to help when working out fractions of objects/amounts.
Mymaths – will be updated so continue to check weekly.
TT rocks/numbots – use this for extra support with fractions and times tables
Choose from the following ideas (one per day if possible):
1. Write a diary extract for a day in the Easter Holidays.
2. Write a story about a superhero (remember not all heroes wear capes!).
3. Describe somewhere you would love to visit right now – beach, park, zoo, theme park, school (!) – use your five senses: what can you see/hear/smell/taste/touch? How do you feel?
4. Write a set of instructions for your favourite game/something to bake!
5. Email Mrs Tite/Miss Hallahan and tell us what you’ve been up to.
6. Write a letter to someone you miss.
7. Write a description of your favourite setting – book, TV, film, computer game.
8. Research and record some unusual facts about your favourite animal.
9. Write/draw a story map for a book you have read recently and enjoyed.
10. Pick a page(s) in your current reading book and write down any nouns, verbs, adjectives or adverbs you spot.
11. Complete the ‘Trolls booklet’ (this will take several days) https://www.talk4writing.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Y3-Unit.pdf
12. Complete a reading comprehension on First News – https://www.wransom.co.uk/first-news-17th-april-2020/
13. Write a review for a David Walliams story – https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06vkq4h
Continue regular reading of books, First News, Fiction Express etc.
Share a book with your friends by recording a video of you reading a story and emailing it over to Miss Hallahan or Mrs Tite or post to twitter.
Continue to learn words from the spelling lists. Use the Spelling stratagies image to give you ideas – eg pyramid writing, write the words without vowels, draw around an image.
Continue with daily walks/run/cycles or Joe Wicks/Cosmic Yoga
If you fancy a different sort of challenge try these –
Youth Sport Trust cards – https://www.youthsporttrust.org/pe-home-learning
Discovery education (espresso) Log in Student2216 Password wransom https://central.espresso.co.uk/espresso/primary_uk/subject/module/video_index/item1217765/grade2/index.html
Complete the activities on the page – watch the videos, and choose either:
Make a factfile/flowchart or write a newspaper report, complete the quiz or label activity.
If you haven’t already watch You tube video – Edmund Hilary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDbE00gV20k
Either: Write a letter to someone or a diary entry as if you are Edmund Hilary writing when you return from your trip; write a newspaper article or a biography about him.
Before doing any research, complete the KWL grid to show what you already know and what you would like to find out about the Ancient Egyptians.
Create your own Ancient Egypt word mat/title page with key words and pictures.
Complete the word search.
Choose from worksheets – Food groups/Food packet nutrients/What do nutrients do for us?
Design a sculpture to go in your garden/local park/on the school field (see powerpoint for ideas).