In light of these uncertain times and the ever-changing situation, I thought I would send you a regular update on Covid related information as I receive news and to let you know how we are managing the situation in school.
We have been pleased with the return to school and how well the children are coping with the ‘new normal.’ Sitting in rows and lack of contact between year groups is not how we like to teach, but we are sticking to our year group bubbles and spending a lot of time washing hands!
Lunchtime is settling down and with children eating in their rooms we are managing to keep the bubbles separated and everyone has time outside and in!
As you would expect we have drawn up our protocol of ‘What to do if we have a suspected or confirmed case of Coronavirus. Please be aware:
- We will contact you immediately so your contact details on Parent Lite MUST be up to date.
- Your child will be put into isolation until you can collect from school.
- You must arrange for your child to have a test via www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or by calling 119
- You must inform school of the results – positive or negative.
- If negative, your child can return to school when they feel well enough and a fever has gone.
- If positive, the school will contact Public Health England and together a decision will be made about which children and adults need to be sent home to self-isolate. PHE will also send letters to the whole school community.
I have been told of one school in Hitchin who have had to close a ‘Bubble’ because a child & parent tested positive therefore I urge you and your children to abide by the government advice. The numbers in North Herts are creeping up and we don’t want to have to experience a local lockdown.
The situation is ‘ever-changing’ and as it does, we will update our protocol and I will keep you up to date with any further news.
Please remember if you have any concerns about your child at school, do not hesitate to come in to see me.
I look forward to seeing you in school in the very near future.