21 May 2015
The half term holiday is almost upon us and when we return, there will only be a few days before the summer fete on Saturday the 6th June. Here are some of the things you can look forward to on the day:
– A star Wars themed fancy dress parade for children and parents
– Your chance to enroll in a Jedi Training Academy
– Have your photo taken with a Star Wars character
– A Star Wars themed treasure hunt and quiz
– Make your own Lightsaber on the craft stall
In addition to this, you can expect all the usual stalls and a couple of new ones too. There will be lots of fun activities for all ages, delicious food to feast on and plenty of opportunities to run, jump and burn off the calories afterwards. We’re even hoping that Angelina Ballerina will stop in for a visit in the afternoon.
If you find yourself with any free time over the holidays, we’re hoping you might consider doing the following:
– Sell those raffle tickets and be on the lookout for any additional prizes
– Put aside any more donations (especially secondhand clothes, bottles/cans, and plants)
– Plan, or better yet make a costume to wear in the fancy dress parade
– Take a moment to visit www.ptasocial.com and volunteer to help out on a stall. If you would like to volunteer but are not able to access PTAsocial, please leave a message for myself or Sarah Winters at reception or speak to any member of the SPA.
Once again, we’d like to really thank you for your continued support. Enjoy the half term holiday and we look forward to seeing you at 11am on Saturday the 6th.
May the force be with you,
Natasha Larmie (chair of the SPA)